Jun 30, 2011

The St. Mary's Foundation Concrete Mixer

Guys in skirts always get the girls!

I have to give it a lot of credit to the St. Mary's Foundation committee members who hosted this fun event to kick off the renovation of the hospital's guest house. First of all, what a great name for a party on the hospital's parking lot. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by my host, Don "Big Daddy" MacKenzie, with a cup of brew from the crew at
Brewery Vivant & Michigan Brewers Guild. Paul Lee was inside the What The Truck roving kitchen dishing out Korean tacos. The folks at One Trick Pony, The Cottage Bar, Greenwell and Culvers were also on hand with concrete party delights.

For more fun, I saw former school chief Bert Bleke dish out his skills at corn holes. I witnessed my buddy Kurt Lacks miss an easy putt on the putting green. Otis Jackoboice was topless on the dunk tank (surprise!). Signal Trip, a local killer band, was atop a truck performing a wide range of hits from the 80's. Mike Hughes, a member of the Up Next class roamed the parking lot promoting the Guest House like a seasoned politician. I even got in the action as Chad Barton's sacrificial lamb at the inflatable jousting ring. 

Tomorrow, I will officially start my term as a trustee of the St. Mary's Foundation Doran Board. I am very honored to be a part of this energizing team. I saw and met a lot of the board members who were on hand with their construction-chic wear to lend support to this amazing project to assist families of patients to have a home away from home as love ones undergo treatment at the hospital.

The FUN element should always play a role in getting people to get involved in making a difference in our community. The Concrete Mixer certainly achieved that.

I need you to do me a favor, "like" the Saint Mary's Foundation facebook page by clicking here, and the 2011 St. Mary's Up Next Class will donate $1 for every new friend. A simple and fun way to make a difference. Thank you.






















2 comments:

sathya said...

Money doesn't mean anything to me. I've made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.
just visit www.mydeals247.com

Unknown said...

Interesting blog. This is one of my favorite blog also I want you to update more post like this. Thanks for sharing this article.
Concrete mixer manufacturers in Chennai