Apr 3, 2011

Bakon Vodka: A Carnivore's Cocktail


My friend Don "Big Daddy" MacKenzie presented me with this beautiful bottle of bacon-infused vodka after returning from his weekly business trip to California. I found myself along with Big Daddy, my wife and in-laws at the 24-hour Grand Coney diner devouring corned beef hash and country fried steak at 4 AM. Seven hours later, I was in my kitchen concocting Bakon bloody mary's to the delight of our brunch guests.

I took a sip of Bakon before pouring it into a glass with of spicy bloody mary mix. This 100% premium Idaho potato vodka was clean on the palate, and without a doubt, infused a smoky bacon flavor. I probably won't make a habit of drinking it straight up, but as a bloody mary, it is a carnivore's delight.

Bakon is unfortunately not available in Michigan. For now, you will have to figure out which of your friends could purchase a bottle from the roughly 20 states that have it available. Or better yet, I'm always game for a little home-cooked Sunday brunch. I'll definitely bring the bakon!

6 comments:

Diane said...

I've seen this around the internet, &as much as reviews seem to suggest it's just a novelty I think I'd love it! Perhaps my bacon addiction has reached epic proportions. Yum!

Anonymous said...

lake okeechobee bass fishingred pine needle oil

mantr said...

olive oil organicdiscount sheds liverpool
Oh, where oh where can my baby be?
The Lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven, so I got to be good
So I can see my baby when I leave this world.

amantr said...

Australia ShoesGalapagso Islands Tours
I drive on her streets
'Cause she's my companion
I walk through her hills
'Cause she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds
And she kisses me windy
I never worry
Now that is a lie
I don't ever want to feel
Like I did that day

obama said...

hey hotel life,
I couldn't find an 'email' link, but I wanted to share my personal blog about my stay at a hotel in LA.
http://franceslee.posterous.com/sexual-harrassment-at-the-jw-marriott-at-la-l
Take a look, tell me what you think.
Frances
Drug Rehabtoilet compartments

trung said...

Starting A Daycare Businessarticle writing service
Right under my feet there's air made of bricks
Pulls me down turns me weak for you
I find myself repeating like a broken tune
And I'm forever excusing your intentions
That I give in to my pretendings
Which forgive you each time
Without me knowing
They melt my heart to stone