Jan 23, 2010

Friday Dinner: Vietnamese Pho


There's nothing better than a bowl of pho and my family will attest to that. The aroma of star anise, cinnamon, ginger, lime and home made stock is extremely satisfying. I made the chicken stock the night before to allow the fat to rise to the top and solidify inside the refrigerator. Then last evening, I simply separated the fat and reheated the stock with the aforementioned ingredients. In less than an hour, I have this gorgeous soup. I added cooked rice noodles, bean sprouts, shredded chicken (from chicken used to cook the stock), cilantro and a squeeze of lime. My wife said that it was the best pho I've ever made because of its nice balance of flavors. Enough said.

Check my previous blog entry for the recipe.

1 comment:

Ravenous Couple said...

great job!! good pho can feed a whole family and more :)