Aug 5, 2009

Challenge # 3 : Make Salsa Verde

Yes, I have to admit that I have never made fresh salsa before. I buy salsa like everyone else - Jack's Special all natural salsa is our house favorite. I also judge Mexican restaurant by their salsa. As previously posted, I love the salsa at El Granjero for it's kick and freshness. However, many restaurant salsa's in the US have been tamed to the milder American palette.

It's really silly to spend $5.00 on a 16-ounce grocery salsa when you can literally get more bang for your buck by making it yourself. And there's nothing better than homemade salsa. Just imagine how much money I could have saved!

So here's how I made my salsa verde:

Tomatillo Salsa Verde

8 to 10 Jalapenos
1 Medium Onion
2 Medium Tomatoes
2 Medium Tomatillos
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Salt, Pepper and Oregano to Taste
1 Cup of Water
3 Tablespoons of Sugar (optional)

Add chopped onions to the Jalapeno Chiles

Then Chopped Tomatillos

Tomatoes and Lime

Salt, Pepper and Oregano

Yum...

Quickly boil with water until chiles are soft

Blend in a food processor

The finished Salsa Verde!

1 comment:

MCA said...

nikon d3100 reviewcoches de segunda mano en valencia



I've seen tomatoes. I love this dish. are complementary and tasty..!