Aug 19, 2009

Challenge # 16 : Eat at the "Talk of the Town" Restaurant

Pork Mecca

We didn't hesitate one second when our hostess at Blackbird highly suggested that we have brunch at the hottest restaurant in the city - Publican - a sister restaurant of Blackbird and Avec. Publican is a casual neighborhood gem worth any foodie's visit. Just like Blackbird, the restaurant was buzzing. Located on Fulton Street in the heart of the Meat Market District of Chicago, Publican boasts a menu glorifying the Pig. Twist my arm...

We began our brunch with Bloody Mary's with brunoise of celery and red peppers, pickles, string bean and a wedge of lemon and lime. A chaser of Gebr. Sunner GmbH & Co. KG Kolsch accompanied the bloody's. Perfect! I couldn't resist the Spicy Pork Rinds. It was at this point when I started feeling like I was back in Manila at a local watering hole. I asked the server for a side of vinegar to dip the rinds in and she gave me a dumbfounded look. Hey, it's a Filipino thing.

Elena's Red Wine Poached Egg with the La Quercia (Iowa) Prosciutto was heavenly. My Fried Chicken Thighs (my favorite piece) were a pure delight, lightly dusted and served with an amazing slice of grilled corn bread.

It was definitely the best way to start our Sunday.


Red Wine Poached Egg, La Quercia Prosciutto, SOurdough and Bearnaise

Fried Chicken, Corn Bread, Tomatoes, Tropea Onions and Arugula

I'm in heaven - Spicy Pork Rinds dipped in Cheddar

The Best Bloody Mary in Chi-Town

I love the "gated" booths

The Dining Room and Bar area

Exterior

No comments: