Jul 27, 2010

The Women of Burma



I want to thank my sister, Haj Wilcox, for sharing these gorgeous photos of Burmese women taken during her most recent trip to Burma (also known as Myanmar). Burma is sandwiched between China to the north, Laos to the east, Thailand to the southeast,  the Bay of Bengal to the southwest, Bangladesh to the west, India to the northwest. According to BBC, Burma is the largest exporter of teak and a primary
source of jade, pearls, rubies and sapphires in the world. Despite her rich natural resources, this nation of predominantly buddhists farmers, remain poor and distant from the world of facebook and iphones. 

This is the first of three photographic vignettes of Burma that I will share on My Hotel Life. I was so enamored by these photographs that I jumped at the opportunity to share them with my blog followers. 

If you have pictures you'd like to share from your travels, please send it to georgeaquino@mac.com. 
















No comments: