Jun 25, 2010

The Best Fast Food Burger in the World!

The In-N-Out Double-Double: 2 100% pure beef patties, hand-heafed
lettuce, 2 slices of American cheese, sauteed onions, stacked high on a
freshly baked bun. The best fast food burger. Hands down!

A West coast trip wouldn't be complete without indulging myself in the best fast food burger in the world - In-N-Out! There was the trip to Napa Valley where my wife and I found ourselves craving In-N-Out, and for some miraculous intervention, we discovered one located past a Napa river bridge near downtown Napa. But my favorite was the time when several of my colleagues and I went on an INO late night run in Las Vegas just two hours after our nine-course meal at Joel Robuchon at the MGM. Joel Robuchon's was terrific, but INO was memorable.

I first discovered INO when I was living in California in the 80's and I've been a loyalist since. You might not know this but INO started the first drive thru in the US in 1948. Yes, that's true. Little has changed since 1948. There are still 5 items on the menu - Double-Double, Cheeseburger, Hamburger, Fries and Shakes & Drinks. That's it. No breakfast burritos or trendy wraps. Why mess with perfection?

So after arriving in Phoenix yesterday to a blistering "dry heat" of 110 degrees, my wife and I tracked down an INO located near Freeway 17 and 101 on my blackberry. It was the perfect pit-stop before the two hour ride to Sedona where we've been invited to spend a long weekend with our close friends at the luxurious Seven Canyons (more about Sedona later).  I ordered my usual Double-Double "animal" style. I was in heaven despite the hellish heat!


Still, only 5 items on the menu!

4 comments:

javier said...

see most coveted in the world's most luxurious hotels, luxury cars, luxury technology and much more, a big hug.

http://lomascodiciado.com.ar

jade said...

we can watch the chefs making orders inside. Food Truck Catering

Alizo Writero said...

Food Truck catering The particulars you could have posted will be quite useful. services you have alluded is actually very good. Cheers related to giving

Swedish Products said...

Thanks for the fantastic post, very informative please our fast food corner The Dallas Grill Harrow