Feb 23, 2010

Two Reasons To Go To Rose's

Sesame Seared Yellowfin Saku Tuna

There was a time when I refused to go to Rose's restaurant on Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids. I just felt the long waiting time to get a table for okay food is not worth my effort. But something happened about a year ago, when all of a sudden, I had a series of fantastic experiences; primarily with the food. I've been to Rose's about, let's say, eight times in the last year, and every visit passed my fairly high expectations.

The setting, especially in the summer, is unmatched in West Michigan (okay, it's up there with the jdek at the JW). With the addition of the fireplace and some additional al fresco seating this past summer - Rose's hit a jackpot. 

Here are two reason's to go to Rose's right now - the Sesame Seared Yellowfin Saku Tuna with Ginger-Soy glazed Edamame, micro arugula sprouts, pearl onions & cashews, sriracha and sweet soy and the Seared Lump Crab Cake with Vegetable-Tortilla Slaw, Pepitos, Roasted-Chile Cilantro Aioli. Both are reasonably priced under $15.00. 

If I had to choose one restaurant to inherit from my friend, Greg Gilmore, among his many wonderful establishments under the Gilmore Collection,  my choice by far is this little restaurant overlooking a pristine lake, fifteen minutes away from downtown. This time, the wait is well worth it.


Seared Lump Crab Cake

No comments: