Jan 17, 2010

Birthday Party at The Winchester



There are several reasons The Winchester is one of my favorite pubs in Grand Rapids. First, the owners are such nice people (and one is a JW alum). Second, the service is friendly. Third, I love the atmosphere and the people who hang out here especially in the summer when the outdoor deck is open. Okay, the Sunday Bloody Mary bar is pretty nice with a cornucopia of hot sauces and horseradish. I haven't had the chance to dine here (except for a few bites of shared appetizers) but I do know that The Winchester supports local farmers and purveyors - a definite plus for me.

So I didn't hesitate when my designer friend, Ashley Cole, invited me to her birthday party at The Winchester. It was an intimate group of about 30 guests, but enough to fill the center aisle of the restaurant. I met up with other friends and also got introduced to several locals who are in the creative field with Ashley. Overall, a perfect party in a nice local setting. Stop by The Winchester on Wealthy st. and try the fish tacos with their famous bloody's.


1 comment:

jimmyle said...

what a great spot! I love the Winchester & Ashley is such a doll!